I’m a major chocolate fan. I’m a major cookie fan. I’m a major oat fan. I crave all three of these things on a regular basis, but I don’t really want to eat store-bought versions that are loaded with preservatives and extra sugar. So, after some brainstorming, I came up with these babies – they’re refined sugar free, vegan, and gluten free. You can top them with some almond butter, and they’re a super clean, super filling snack! I’ve even paired them with fruit and eaten them for breakfast. They’re AMAZING dunked in coffee.
To make these puppies, you will need:
2 very ripe banana
1 cup of oats
dash of vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of almond or peanut butter
pinch of baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I recommend 60% cacao or higher)
generous drizzle of honey
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Smash bananas with a fork.
- Add in oats, vanilla, cinnamon, honey, almond butter, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips. Add in some more if looks like they need a bit more chocolate lovin’.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out the batter onto a greased baking sheet. These cookies will not rise, so you don’t need to worry about crowding on the pan.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes. Let them cool.
Enjoy these, loves!